Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Hallowe'en Party by Agatha Christie

I have said it before and I will say it again. I love Agatha Christie. Hercule Poirot, mustachioed and infatuated with himself as always, is back.

Hallowe'en Party centers around the death of a child, drowned at a Halloween party. Ariadne Oliver, a famous mystery author, calls Hercule Poirot for his help. As Poirot begins to piece together the story behind the murder, he discovers more and more secrets hidden in the small town. Forgeries, disappearances and murder all appear throughout the book.

Hallowe'en Party is unique among her other works in its subject matter and the issues it tackles. I have yet to read through all of Christie's works, but I do not know if she deals with the murder of a child in any other book. Christie wrote prolifically for years, and this book was written just seven years before her death. Obviously, her writing style will change as time goes on. Her early books are purely whodunits. This is a little darker than normal.

It is most definitely worth the read, as all of Christie's books are. I hope you enjoy this book.

No comments: